Advocacy Day 2010
Early Learning Advocacy 2010 was a great success, with more than 350 early learning supporters from across the state—including teachers and providers, parents, business leaders and others – coming to the state Capitol to advocate for high-quality early care and education programs. Participants met with more than 100 state legislators and staff members to share their stories about how high-quality early learning programs have benefited California’s children, families and communities.
Early Learning Advocacy Day 2010 provided an opportunity to:
- Participate in small-group visits with state legislators.
- Learn about innovations in early learning taking place throughout California.
- Hear from the new policy and planning bodies for early learning in California.
- Find out the latest news on early learning opportunities at the federal level.
- Meet and network with other early learning advocates.
Dr. Charles Weis addresses advocates as the keynote speaker.
State Superintendent Jack O'Connell encourages early learning supporters to speak to their legislators.
Assemblymember Joan Buchanan recognizes that "our children are worth fighting for."
Cosponsoring organization CAEYC President Marilyn McGrath addresses advocates.
Panel: Voices from the Field - Innovations in Early Learning
More than 350 early learning advocates from across California converged on the state Capitol.
Preschool California staff members prepare to lead their legislative teams.